Two Weeks Prior to Your Boudoir Session
- Start planning what you intend to wear to your session. Go shopping! Try different things on. Choose what makes you feel sexy and attractive. Need inspiration? Check out this great blog post from Breathless Boudoir for ideas for traditional and non-traditional options.
- Avoid tanning for at least two weeks prior to your session. Avoid spray tans and fake tanners as they tend to appear orange on camera. Pale skin photographs well! Photoshopping tan lines or orange skin is not included in standard editing and will result in an additional fee per image.
- My theory on this is always "less is more." We want YOU to be the star of the show!
One Week Prior to Your Boudoir Session
- Reduce salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re concerned about water retention. Drink a ton of water!
- A Brazilian bikini area wax is recommended. Schedule any facial or bikini waxing 3-4 days prior to your session to avoid redness, swelling, or bumps.
- A manicure and pedicure are also recommended for a flawless finish.
- Steam/iron and hang your lingerie/outfits for transport to your session.
The Day of Your Boudoir Session
- Remove ALL price tags, size and care labels from clothing-especially lingerie and panties.
- Bathe, shave and moisturize!
- Hair: please arrive with clean, DRY hair. Add a little mousse to dry hair to help hold curls.
- CLEAR deodorant, please!
- Wear loose clothing to avoid red marks or lines on your skin. If you can drive to your session without a bra on do it! :) I highly recommend wearing a button-down shirt, robe or something that can easily be removed to avoid messing up your hair and makeup application.
- Finally, please do not take out your cell phone during makeup application. Looking down can cause issues with makeup application. Absolutely no cell phone/camera photographs will be permitted in the shooting area.
- You are permitted to bring alcohol into the studio. If you opt to bring something along, please choose something clear in color as red wines will stain your teeth. Per the terms of our contract, no photographs will be taken if you become intoxicated.